2023 Community Programs & Events
- Coffee with the Mayor: Mayor Lauren McLean, and Arts & History Director, Jennifer Stevens, met with the community for coffee and casual conversation to discuss the city’s initiatives.
- Alzheimer’s Association Elder Care Roundtable: The Alzheimer’s Association and the Idaho Black Community Alliance hosted a community conversation on-site to discuss the impacts of Alzheimer’s and dementia on ethnic minorities.
- The College of Idaho’s Redline Project: McKay Cunningham, College of Idaho’s Director of On-Campus Experiential Learning, and Student Representatives from the College of Idaho’s research team presented their Redline Project research, a student-led research initiative that examines the history and impact of redlining, a discriminatory housing practice, in over 50 subdivisions within Ada County.
- Boise Neighborhood Interactive Neighborhood Mixer: The Boise City Department of Community Engagement brought together neighborhood leaders for an evening of celebration for the work they do throughout the year in creating safe and unique neighborhoods for all.
- Story Story Night and The Lovely Afro present the American Dream(s): Story Story Night, in partnership with Leta Harris Neustaedter of "The Lovely Afro" radio show, presents ten storytellers representing diverse experiences from within Idaho's Black and Brown community around our summer theme of "The American Dreams."